Immerse yourself in the wild beauty of Hawaii’s volcanoes on a full-day tour via helicopter, coach and foot. Venture deep into volcano territory as you fly over Kona to reach the Big Island's Volcanoes National Park for a tour with your expert guide ... More info ›
Immerse yourself in the wild beauty of Hawaii’s volcanoes on a full-day tour via helicopter, coach and foot. Venture deep into volcano territory as you fly over Kona to reach the Big Island's Volcanoes National Park for a tour with your expert guide. Snap pics of the shape-shifting lava flow from above, and learn about the natural history of Hawaii throughout a memorable day of touring in the air and on the ground. Want to guarantee you get a window seat on the helicopter? Be sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
EXPERIENCEParadise Helicopter’s Volcano by Air & Land tour allows you to explore the Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park area in flight and on foot – including sinking your toes into a beautiful black sand beach and sipping on local coffee. This adventure departs from the Kona International Airport in an executive style Bell 407 helicopter. En route to the Volcano area, you will overfly the world-famous Kona coffee district and skirt three of Hawai‘i’s towering volcanoes: Hualālai, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
Upon arrival to the volcano area, your pilot will search out the day’s activity – sometimes a burning forest fire, a stream or lake of glowing lava, or an entry into the ocean – usually only accessible from the air.
After the first part of your “air” experience, you will land in Hilo and meet your expert Hawaii Forest & Trail interpretive guide. Travel through the remote and rugged landscape of Kau-- home to historic farms, ranches, and the famous black sand beach of Punaluu. Discover how the powerful forces of nature have shaped the people and landscape of this dynamic region, Hawaii’s largest land district. The perfect blend of nature and culture led by an expert Interpretive Guide, this tour reveals what it’s like to live on two active volcanoes.
• Discover breathtaking views of Kilauea and the Kau coast and catch a glimpse of the Halemaumau Crater from a private view point on Maunaloa
• Tour a local farm, sample and shop for Hawaii Island grown treats like coffee, macadamia nuts, honey and chocolate.
• View Rainbow falls from our private gazebo
• Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach as you search for basking sea turtles at Punaluu.
• Stroll through a native Hawaiian Rainforest at the Volcano Art Center, see locally made art, and learn about the latest eruption information
• Explore a historic 165 year old working ranch known for its sprawling view planes, native forest, and wildlife such as cattle, goats, sheep & horses.
A picnic lunch is served during your adventure before you return to the Hilo Airport to take to the sky again. Back in the air, you’ll take the leisurely route to Kona along the eastern and northern coasts. You will venture deep into uninhabited valleys that showcase Hawai‘i’s wild, untamed beauty. Water cascades down sheer valley walls, and surf pounds rocky cliffs and unreachable beaches. Finally, watch the landscape shift again, as you fly over Pololū Valley, south to Kawaihae and over beautiful white and black sand beaches to make your way down the coastline and return to the Kona Airport in time to enjoy one of Hawai‘i’s famed sunsets.